- Freeper unit
- Visited: 4 times
- Author: Shreya Datta
- About The Subject Matter Expert
- Difficulty: Normal
The objective of the online course is to provide individuals of society a well-informed and holistic understanding of all the elements constituting sexual harassment- the act, the prevention and the solutions to combat it.
Objective: The objective of the online course is to provide individuals of society a well-informed and holistic understanding of all the elements constituting sexual harassment- the act, the prevention and the solutions to combat it.
- The course will focus on the complaint process and what procedure should be followed while investigating a complaint.
- The course will also look at the different outcomes of a complaints redressal procedure.
The sexual harassment law was formally passed in 2013 and is known as the "Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013."
As for the definition of sexual harassment, the act draws on the Supreme Court guidelines that were laid out in the landmark Vishaka case.
The Act goes further than the Vishaka guidelines and calls for redressal mechanism to be set up in all organisations, government, private, hospitals, even domestic help etc to deal with cases of sexual harassment.
The Act makes it mandatory for all offices with 10 or more employees to have an internal complaints committee to address grievances in a stipulated time or face penalty.
- Any employee from:
- Government or private organisations/departments/branches/undertakings/ enterprises
- Educational institutions, including students
- Any other workplace – formal or informal
- Individuals who are interested in knowing more about the Act and its implementation
- On completion of this course, the learner would be able to gain critical:
- Understanding of sexual harassment.
- Understanding of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Redressal and Prohibition) Act 2013.
- Understanding of how to deal with sexual harassment within the workplace.