List of Safety Certifications: Best Electrical Safety Certification and Courses for Workplace Safety 2024
Did you know, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 2.6 million nonfatal workplace injuries were reported in the USA in 2019? Many of these injuries involved electrical safety mishaps that could have been avoided. It’s an alarming figure.
As we dive into this article, we’ll explore the importance of workplace safety, especially focusing on electrical safety, and provide insight into the top electrical safety courses available. This topic is incredibly relevant, as ensuring safety can drastically reduce workplace accidents and enhance productivity.
It isn’t just an interesting read—it’s essential for both employers and employees to keep workplaces safe and secure.
What is the significance of workplace safety?
Importance of Workplace Safety – Safety might not be the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about the workplace. But it should be. It’s not just about avoiding accidents but also about improving productivity, morale, and overall business success.
It helps in preventing electrical hazards like:
- Burns, or even
- Fatal accidents due to electricity.
They could all pose a significant threat in workplaces, especially in industries like construction or manufacturing.
How do you make the workplace safer?
Creating a safer work environment requires the collective effort of both employers and employees. Here are five practical ways you can contribute:
1. Take Coggno Workplace Safety Courses: Knowledge is the most effective weapon against accidents. Enrolling in professional electrical safety courses like the ones offered by Coggno equips you with essential knowledge and best practices to maintain electrical safety at the workplace. These accredited electrical safety courses are designed by industry experts, tailored to meet diverse needs, and easy to follow.
2. Establish Clear Safety Procedures: Regular safety drills and clear, written safety protocols help employees understand what to do in an emergency.
3. Encourage open communication: Employees should feel comfortable reporting potential hazards or unsafe conditions. An open-door policy can foster this kind of transparency.
4. Maintain Equipment: Regular electrical equipment inspection and maintenance reduce the risk of malfunctions leading to accidents.
5. Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Using appropriate PPE can significantly reduce the risk of injury during an accident.
What are the popular certifications for workplace safety from Coggno?
We’ve compiled a list of 13 top electrical safety courses for workplace safety, especially electrical from Coggno to simplify your task.
Top 13 Certifications for Workplace Safety
- Electrical Safety For Construction: Power Lines And Lockout/Tagout (US) Course
- Electrical Safety For Construction: Cord And Plug Connected Equipment (US) Course
- Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) Awareness Course
- Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) Programs And Procedures Course
- Electrical Equipment Inspection
- Electrocution Awareness VR Activity
- Electrical Hazards – BE SAFE Part 1: Burns, Electrocution, And Shock VR Activity
- Electrical Hazards – BE SAFE Part 2: Arc Flash/Blast, Fire, And Explosion VR Activity
- Electrical GFCI And AEGCP Awareness VR Activity
- Electrical Safety – Unqualified Course
- Introduction To Arc-Flash Hazards Awareness V2.16 Course
- Electrical Safety Training 3.0 Course
- Electrical Safety CSA Z462 Online Training
1. Electrical Safety For Construction: Power Lines And Lockout/Tagout (US) Course
The “Electrical Safety For Construction: Power Lines And Lockout/Tagout (US)” course by UL is an essential resource for construction workers. It imparts crucial knowledge about electrical hazards in construction work and teaches safe practices when dealing with electricity.
Furthermore, it introduces the life-saving aspects of a lockout/tagout program. This short, 16-minute course is also available in Spanish.
It enables you to:
- Identify major electrical hazards;
- Understand how to protect yourself from them;
- Recognize employer requirements to safeguard workers from these dangers.
You earn a certificate upon completion of this course.
2. Electrical Safety For Construction: Cord And Plug Connected Equipment (US) Course
The “Electrical Safety For Construction: Cord And Plug Connected Equipment (US)” course by UL is aimed at construction workers. It provides a crucial reminder about the potential dangers of commonly used cord- and plug-connected electrical equipment. This 19-minute course, also available in Spanish, helps you with the following:
- Identify and describe various electrical hazards;
- Learn how to protect yourself from them;
- Understand the employer’s responsibilities in ensuring worker safety.
Successful completion of the course results in a certification.
3. Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) Awareness Course
The “Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) Awareness” course by UL concisely introduces hazardous energy management, key lockout/tagout responsibilities, and best practices for attaching and removing locks and tags. In this 10-minute course, learners will recognize various forms of hazardous energy and the types of lockout/tagout devices used.
Ideal for employees working in environments where lockout/tagout procedures are employed, the course equips attendees with vital safety knowledge and awards a certificate upon completion.
4. Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) Programs And Procedures Course
The “Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) Programs and Procedures” course by UL educates participants on energy control programs and lockout/tagout procedures that prevent accidents from uncontrolled energy. Ideal for general industry and construction workers, the 24-minute course enables learners to understand the following:
- Lockout/tagout definitions;
- Their applications;
- Their removals;
- And their relevance to various scenarios like testing, shift changes, and external personnel.
Successful completion of the course grants a certificate.
5. Electrical Equipment Inspection
The “Electrical Equipment Inspection” course by 360 Immersive delivers comprehensive training on the visual inspection of portable electrical equipment. It covers key areas such as identifying hazards with handheld tools, double-insulated tools, two-prong and three-prong plugs, and extension cords. The course, which adheres to OSHA Standard 1910.334 and industry best practices, takes just 15 minutes to complete.
By the end, you’ll be able to perform essential inspections and understand the importance of maintaining electrical equipment to ensure workplace safety.
6. Electrocution Awareness VR Activity
The “Electrocution Awareness VR Activity” by 360 Immersive offers an interactive learning experience focusing on electrical safety within the construction industry. Adhering to multiple OSHA standards, this 20-minute course equips workers with the skills to identify potential electrical hazards and differentiate between shock and electrocution.
In addition to discussing safety controls and equipment maintenance, it includes a virtual construction job site tour to identify real-world hazards. After completing this course, you’ll understand best practices to prevent electrical injuries on the job.
7. Electrical Hazards – BE SAFE Part 1: Burns, Electrocution, And Shock VR Activity
The “Electrical Hazards – BE SAFE Part 1: Burns, Electrocution, And Shock VR Activity” by 360 Immersive offers a comprehensive training session on various types of electrical hazards. This course, aligning with OSHA standards, covers electrical burns, electrocution, and shock, examining the injuries they can cause and why electricity can be so dangerous.
The 23-minute session includes an interactive VR activity where learners can identify these hazards in a virtual warehouse, helping to cement their understanding. By the end of this course, learners will have the skills to identify hazards, integrate safe work practices, and enhance their safety awareness around electricity.
8. Electrical Hazards – BE SAFE Part 2: Arc Flash/Blast, Fire, And Explosion VR Activity
“Electrical Hazards – BE SAFE Part 2: Arc Flash/Blast, Fire, And Explosion VR Activity” by 360 Immersive is an essential course for understanding and mitigating major electrical hazards. In line with OSHA standards, this 25-minute training focuses on the dangers of Arc Flash/Blast, Fire, and Explosion in a construction environment.
The course is an immersive experience where learners identify these hazards in a virtual warehouse. By completion, learners can identify and assess electrical hazards and integrate best work practices into their roles, enhancing overall safety awareness around electricity.
9. Electrical GFCI And AEGCP Awareness VR Activity
The “Electrical GFCI And AEGCP Awareness VR Activity” course by 360 Immersive provides essential training on Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI) and the Assured Equipment Grounding Connector Program (AEGCP). These safety measures are crucial for protecting workers from electrical injuries.
The 20-minute course, complying with OSHA standards, emphasizes the importance of proper training before handling electricity. It includes a virtual interactive simulation to help learners identify electrical hazards in a construction environment. Upon completion, learners will be able to identify electrical hazards, understand the different types of protection, and integrate safe work practices.
10. Electrical Safety – Unqualified Course
The “Electrical Safety – Unqualified Course” by CDP Inc. Safeworkday SafetyPoints is an essential safety course for those who may not be electrical experts but interact with electrical equipment in their daily tasks. It includes machine operators, powered industrial truck drivers, and construction workers.
The course provides crucial information about electrical hazards and prevention techniques, ultimately ensuring the safety of unqualified workers.
Completion of this English course earns you a certificate. Furthermore, you can access the course through most modern web browsers, with Adobe Flash and pop-ups enabled.
11. Introduction To Arc-Flash Hazards Awareness V2.16 Course
The “Introduction to Arc-Flash Hazards Awareness V2.16” course, created by CDP Inc. Safeworkday SafetyPoints, provides crucial information on arc-flash hazards as per OSHA 29 CFR-1910 and NFPA 70E standards. Throughout the course, employees will gain a comprehensive understanding of arc-flash safety measures and regulations, thereby reducing the risk of incidents.
Upon completion, participants will receive a certificate. This course is highly recommended for those operating in states where NFPA 70E compliance is mandatory.
12. Electrical Safety Training 3.0 Course
The “Electrical Safety Training 3.0 Course” by American Medical Compliance is a specialized program to educate healthcare providers on safeguarding themselves from electrical hazards. The training, which lasts 30 minutes, is based on authoritative information from various government agencies, ensuring up-to-date, reliable content.
Upon completion, you’ll receive a certificate verifying your new competencies in electrical safety. This course is available in English, and it’s an invaluable asset for anyone in the healthcare field.
13. Electrical Safety CSA Z462 Online Training
The “Electrical Safety CSA Z462 Online Training” by Swift eLearning is an essential program for contractors and workers dealing with electricity. This 90-minute course aims to prevent severe injuries and even fatalities. It equips learners with the knowledge and awareness to work safely, mitigating electrical hazards such as electric shocks and burns.
The goal is to ensure safety at the workplace, and upon completion of the course, employees will be much more prepared to handle and navigate electrical tasks securely.
These comprehensive training programs, among many others, will help you better understand the crucial elements of electrical safety and how you can implement them in your workspace.
Why Choose Coggno?
When it comes to electrical safety training programs, why should you choose Coggno?
Coggno provides top-notch, accessible, and up-to-date courses designed by industry experts. We offer various online electrical safety courses, which means you can learn at your own pace and convenience.
Furthermore, these courses are accredited, ensuring they meet the highest industry standards. And, Coggno believes in a learner-first approach, providing excellent after-course support.
Workplace safety, particularly electrical safety, is non-negotiable. It’s a collective effort that can save lives, increase productivity, and foster a more secure work environment.
By enrolling in electrical safety courses from reputable electrical safety course providers like Coggno, you’re taking a significant step towards creating a safer workspace. Remember, a little knowledge can go a long way in preventing accidents. Let’s make safety a priority together!