You can look and act professionally, but that alone won’t lead to lasting client relationships – customer service is about more than professional conduct. The ultimate goal of good customer service is having satisfied clients, which leads to long-term business opportunities and a good reputation. But, how do you get to that point?
Develop a salesforce that is –
1. Empathic, patient and consistent towards customers, consequently giving everyone the same customer experience. This involves:
• Learning how to identify and leverage off common-ground with customers.
• Following up with customers after a sale to ascertain their level of satisfaction with a product or service, which further builds trust and a good business reputation.
2. Adaptable to different customer types with sound product knowledge to draw from.
• Not all clients will be reasonable and friendly; knowing how to deal with difficult customers is a skill that comes from a theoretical understanding of different customer personalities and a great deal of real-life experience.
3. Attuned to customers’ actual needs.
• Attunement is cultivated by developing the skill of actively listening to customers’ needs – customers would find greater value in purchasing something they find useful than purchasing something that they cannot really use. This skill further enables cross-selling opportunities and assists in building positive relationships by making customers feel heard and considered.
Coggno has selected twelve excellent customer service courses to train client-facing employees on building positive client relationships that would yield business success as a consequence, rather than selling purely to meet sales targets:
Connecting with Customers
Customer Service Excellence Video Module
Customer Service Skills – How We Can All Improve
How to Maintain Customer Loyalty
Identifying Customers’ Needs
Making Customers Feel Special
Turning Satisfied Customers Into Repeat Customers
*Discounts applicable: 20% OFF, valid thru Nov. 23rd, 2018!
Get the eBook here