Time Management for Mortals: 6 Things You Can Do to Manage Your Time More Effectively
What would you do if you had Doctor Strange’s Time Stone? In a work setting it would come in quite handy – slow things down to get more done, or rewind the clock if disaster strikes. Few people would probably be able to use such power responsibly – but nonetheless, it’s fun to think about. Unfortunately, mere mortals have no power over time, except the capacity to manage it as best they can – and even this proves to be a near super-human task at times.
How can I manage my time without magic?
Your time has not slipped away to the land of missing socks. Time is a construct, but without it, the world would be in chaos. The workplace is a time-driven environment – you have to arrive on time, work efficiently to meet deadlines, ensure that you spend your time on the right things, and that you don’t waste time through ineffective communication or poor planning. Training Today Marketplace highlights a few simple aspects that employees could work on to have more control over the 24 hours they have to spend in a day:
1. Identify and eliminate time wasters;
2. Plan and prioritize effectively;
3. Define goals and make time-wise decisions;
4. Capitalize on prime and commuting time;
5. Avoid procrastination; and
6. Handle communications, interruptions, and emergencies effectively.
Productivity, as we have come to learn, is one of the most important elements of a business’ success, but it isn’t all down to the individual employees to ensure that they manage their time effectively to be more productive. Businesses need to ensure that their leaders are time-conscious and mindful of the appropriate amount of time required to complete tasks to set realistic expectations and deadlines, and to ensure that precious hours aren’t squandered (which adds up to wasted money in the long run).
To become the master of your own time and to implement the valuable skill of effective time management in the workplace, Coggno recommends the following seven courses:
• Course 1: Purpose Driven Time Management by Chrysalis Consulting Limited
• Course 2: An Effective Leader’s Guide to Time Management by Enspark
• Course 3: Time Management Skills for Employees by TrainingToday Marketplace
• Course 4: How to Manage Time Wisely – A Guide for Employees by TrainingToday Marketplace
• Course 5: Time Management for Supervisors by TrainingToday Marketplace
• Course 6: Time Management for Employees by Vado Inc.
• Course 7: Time Management for Leaders by Vado Inc.
“Time is the most valuable coin in your life. You and you alone will determine how that coin will be spent.”
― Carl Sandburg