Ladder Safety Training: A Complete Guide
Believe us or not, falls are among the leading causes of accidental death in the workplace.
Falling from one level to another is responsible for about 40% of these incidents. Sadly, a ladder safety precaution could have prevented many of these accidents.
Ladder safety training can help employees avoid these injuries by correctly selecting, inspecting, utilizing, and maintaining ladders.
Enroll – Ladder Safety (Course)
What Is Ladder Safety Training?
Ladder safety is a training course designed to teach the participants how to correctly and safely use ladders. This course is aimed at those who are either required by their job duties to use ladders regularly or those who are just occasional users of a ladder.
What Are OSHA Ladder Safety Training Requirements?
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires employees who handle ladders on the job to take ladder safety training every four years. Employees who are required to use ladders but do not have to take the course may take it at their own expense within 1-year of the required course start date.
What Is The Use Of Ladder Safety Training?
With proper guidance and instruction from an experienced instructor, Ladder safety training will educate employees on how to use ladders safely. This type of education is provided for operators on a ladder as part of their general job responsibilities. Keep in mind that everyone is different, and there is no one-size-fits-all for this type of training.
Enroll – Ladder Inspection Course
Who Should Take A Ladder Safety Training Course?
All operators should take ladder safety training to be completely safe while using ladders. The following are the types of employees who should take this course:
- Those who are required by their job duties to use ladders regularly or those who are just occasional users of a ladder. These people will help prevent accidents, and injuries, which everyone can agree is a good thing.
- Those who plan to handle or use ladders for their job duties in the future or work with these types of ladders on an occasional basis. In this case, the individual will be able to get the necessary job training and information on how to properly use a ladder before they are required to use one.
- Workers assigned or scheduled to work with specific types of ladders. For example, some workers may be assigned only certain types of ladders, such as industrial cherry pickers. In this case, the worker may receive extra instruction if necessary when using a specific type of ladder for them to be safe in their tasks
- Those who are inexperienced and still learning how to safely handle a ladder without causing any damage or injury while working with one.
Enroll – Ladder Inspection VR Activity
What Are Ladder Safety Training Topics Covered In The Coggno Course?
If you need to train yourself or your employees in ladder safety, the Coggno Ladder Safety Training course will take you through all the necessary topics. New training sections will be unlocked when you register for this training course. So, even if you were away on a work trip and logged in using another device, it doesn’t matter.
You can start right where you began when you log back in later that evening – no need for any refresher material.
After the training course, all of your users will be able to take the online ladder safety training test. Then, get all your questions answered, and see what your score is!
In this Coggno Ladder Safety Training course, you will learn:
- About the equipment required to run a safe ladder operation
- How to perform a proper inspection job on your ladder before each use and ensure it is in good working order and ready for use at all times.
- The proper way to set up and use ladders at your job site
- How to lift, carry, and move ladders safely.
- What do all the markings on a ladder mean, and how should they be used by you or your employees to stay safe on the job site.
Ladder Safety Training Online
Coggno’s ladder safety training is a course available for individuals and companies dealing with ladders. You will learn how to select, care for, and use ladders safely, including stepladders, extension ladders, articulated ladders, and mobile ladders.
This course aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills you’ll need to create or manage your own ladder safety program or begin working with ladders in the workplace.
At the end of the training, trainees get a certificate for successful completion.
All you need to do is:
- Take test
Enroll today – Ladder Safety Awareness Course
Register for FREE!
It’s completely free to take the safety training for ladders. You can also register your employees for this training if you’re a training manager.
Select A Ladder Type
Next, select the ladder-type from the available library of safety training modules. You can also take the test to test yourself and your skills.
Watch and Learn
Watch helpful video demonstrations to learn safe ladder practices.
Take the Test
Take the test to earn your certificate of completion.
That’s all, folks!
We hope you find our article helpful. For any queries, contact us.