Michael Rasmussen is an internationally recognized pundit on governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC) – with specific expertise on the topics of corporate compliance, business ethics, policy management, and corporate culture. With 18+ years of experience, Michael helps organizations improve GRC processes and choose technologies that are effective, efficient, and agile. He is a sought-after keynote speaker, author, and advisor and is noted as the “Father of GRC” — being the first to define and model the GRC market in 2002 while at Forrester.
Michael has contributed to U.S. Congressional reports and committees, and currently serves on the Leadership Council of the OCEG and chairs the OCEG Technology Council.
Michael is quoted extensively in the press and is respected for his commentary on broadcast news channels. In June 2007, Treasury & Risk recognized Michael as one of the 100 most influential people in finance with specific accolades noting his work in “Governance and Compliance: Saving the Planet and the Corporation” and as a “Rising Star in Rocky Times: Corporate America’s Outstanding Executives.”
Prior to founding Corporate Integrity, Michael was a Vice-President and ’Top Analyst’ at Forrester Research, Inc. Before Forrester, he led the risk/compliance consulting practice at a professional services firm and has specific experience managing compliance and risk within organizations.
Michael’s educational experience consists of a Juris Doctarate and a Bachelor of Science in Business. Michael is currently pursuing a Master of Divinity at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School with a research focus in ethics and church history. He is a CCEP (Certified Compliance and Ethic Professional) as well as a CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional). OCEG/GRC Certify has recognized him as an GRC Fellow for his contributions and advancement of GRC practices around the world.
- OCEG GRC Fellow
- Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Master of Divinity, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (in progress)
- Juris Doctorate, Oakbrook College of Law & Government Policy
- Bachelor of Science, Business, University of Phoenix
- Open Compliance and Ethics Group (OCEG)
- Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE)
- Professional Risk Manager’s International Association (PRIMIA)
- Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA)
- Chicago Regional Business & Ethics Network (CRBEN)
- Business Blog: GRC Pundit
- LinkedIN: Michael Rasmussen
- LinkedIN Group: Corporate Integrity Group
- Twitter: MKRasmussen
4948 Bay field Drive
Waterford, Wisconsin 53185 USA